Title: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14371
Hello Windows Insiders!
What a whirlwind bug bash last week! You all were simply amazing. The Windows team was so impressed by the kinds of bugs you found. Since you had builds that *most* of Microsoft doesn't even have, you were able to check out our latest batch of fixes first, so thank you!
We'll share some fun stats and such in the next few days on Twitter that we think you'll enjoy.
On to this week! Today we’re releasing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14371 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. We hope to have a corresponding PC build to release soon.
Here’s what’s new in Build 14371
Microsoft Wallet with Tap to Pay: We heard your feedback about how much you wanted this and as announced earlier today, tap to pay with Microsoft Wallet is now available to Windows Insiders (Build 14360 or higher). Microsoft Wallet is a cloud-based payment technology that will make mobile payments simple and more secure for Windows 10 Mobile devices, starting in the U.S. with our Lumia 950, 950 XL and 650, and usable in over a million retail locations; anywhere you see the contactless payment symbol or the Microsoft Wallet logo at the point of sale. For all the details about tap to pay with Microsoft Wallet in Windows 10 Mobile – check out this blog post.
Other improvements and fixes for Mobile
- We fixed an issue where the icon for Settings was missing from the Background apps and Data usage settings pages. We also fixed an issue where the Add (+) button was be clipped on certain pages, such as the Speech settings page, and also fixed an issue where Battery settings page would crash if the "Usage by apps" time interval was changed while the apps list was still loading.
- We fixed an issue resulting in a possible pitch change after an automatic track change when listening to ALAC files streamed from OneDrive in Groove Music.
- We fixed an issue where tapping a notification in the Action Center wouldn't do anything if Action Center had been opened above the Lock screen while "Enter Pin" was already showing. We also fixed an issue resulting in some notifications having an unexpectedly large amount of blank space.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the Start screen becoming green or kaleidoscope-like in appearance for a few seconds after quickly opening Action Center, closing it, then panning the screen.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the first word of spoken directions over Bluetooth getting clipped. We also fixed an issue that could result in no sound being heard over certain Bluetooth speakers despite seemingly functioning media controls, and improved general reliability of Bluetooth connection with cars.
- We fixed an issue where active keyboard after rebooting would be the last keyboard listed in Language settings page, as opposed to the preferred keyboard (first in the list).
- We fixed an issue where switching cellular data off while there's no internet connectivity could result in the device freezing.
- We fixed where the ninja cat emoji was not displaying correctly when received in a notification.
- We fixed an issue where when using commands with Cortana above Lock screen, instead of saying "Please unlock your device", Cortana would just say "Please" followed by a pin prompt, and upon entering pin, would not complete the command. We also fixed an issue where Cortana might prompt for a pin after sending a message using only voice above the Lock screen, despite it not being necessary.
- We fixed an issue where manual time and date overrides might not be preserved after a reboot and connecting to Wi-Fi.
- We fixed an issue where apps weren't removed from the taskbar displayed over Continuum if they crashed, leading to possible duplicate app icons being shown.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain apps not being able to set the Lock screen or Start screen background.
- We fixed an issue resulting in a slight stutter or a few out of order frames after rotating the phone while watching a video in Movies and TV app.
- We fixed an issue where the camera button was active in the navigation bar instead of the back button in certain cases on the Lock screen where the back button is necessary, such as when the emergency call page, the shutdown curtain, an expanded interactive notification, or when Action Center is visible.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain UWP apps not scrolling up quite far enough after setting focus to a text box at the bottom of the screen, thus leading to the text box being covered by the app bar.
- We fixed an issue where Narrator spoke at an unexpectedly accelerated rate.
- We fixed an issue where icons displayed on an app's splash screen could be unexpectedly large when opened on a second monitor over Continuum.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the un-pairing of certain Bluetooth devices never finishing if attempting to un-pair after rebooting the phone while the device is connected.
- We fixed an issue where an underlying crash could result in playback of an entire playlist in Groove Music to fail, rather than just the current track.
That's all for now team. Thank you for all of your awesome bug reports in Feedback Hub. We look at everyone and spend a ton of our time trying to repro and prioritize these issues. We love all of your different configurations and use cases.